[android-kernel] android 7 reserved ports restriction
Karim Abbouh
2017-02-08 16:35:56 UTC
In Android 7, it has been found that there has been a range of reserved
ports This is indicated in the file
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_ports *32100-32600*

My application uses a port in this range( i get error bind : address
already used) So I wanted to know if there is a way around this restriction.

I thought to modify this file (a little risking), like exclude this port
that I use In fact I have routed my device, modifying the file but it is as
if it is not taken by the kernel Even if the file has been modified, If I
restart the device the changes are lost.

Is there a way to circumvent this restriction? Or commits oblige the kernel
to take into account my changes?

thanks for the help