[android-kernel] Getting Android ISO images for AOSP build
Amit Pundir
2018-06-11 07:28:36 UTC
I'm trying to work on porting android to x86 platform and make a android
bootable USB stick.
Try http://www.android-x86.org/
I downloaded the code from AOSP. I build the code for
x86 and has got the images initrd.img, system.sfs, ramdisk.img and also
build the kernel(vmlinux). I made the USB stick as bootable and installed
grub into the mounted USB stick by using command.
$ sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/name /dev/sdX
And also copied the kernel, initrd.img, ramdisk.img and system.sfs into USB
stick. When i try to boot from the USB stick, the device gets struck at Grub
and kernel does not get loaded. Not sure what could be the issue. Is there
anything that is missing?
And also is there a way to get the ISO from the AOSP build to make the usb
stick bootable. Looks like on building AOSP code we get only kernel,
initrd.img, ramdisk.img and system.sfs. Can anyone guide me in this regard
Thanks,
Harinath
---
Harinath Maddela
2018-06-14 08:27:11 UTC

Thanks for the reply. However, i have seen that Android x86 generates iso
image and i wanted the code directly from Is there any other way to
generate ISO image from AOSP build. I wonder how this is done for the other
platforms than x86.

Thanks,
Harinath
Hi,